Friday, November 23, 2012

The Lie: Ken Ham

   The Lie is a christian book that says why people need to believe in everything the Bible has to say. His book talks about why Genesis is important to the Gospel. The Lie also talks about how the Bible's version of creation impacts the understanding of the bible. And of course he talks about how Evolution cannot fit with the Bible's version of creation.
   Obviously this book is explaining why evolution cannot be true. To remain impartial I won't discuss my own beliefs concerning the creation of the earth.
   For that reason my review will be relatively short. Over-all it was well-written, but extremely boring to read. I've never been a big fan of religious books so that definitely influences my review, However I would definitely recommend this if you were a die-hard christian. It brought up some interesting points (which I won't tell for fear of giving spoilers) I think most Christians would love to explore.
   The idea behind this book was meant to be informative about how Christian leaders have been misled, and belief in evolution and complete belief in the bible do not coincide. I don't necessarily agree with the authors points that were made in the book, I do think some interesting points were made. 
The Lie: Evolution (Revised & Expanded)

this book is published by Master Books, a division of New Leaf Publishing Group. http://www.newleafpublishinggroup.com/product_info.php?products_id=1017 

No comments:

Post a Comment